PT-141, also called Bremelanotide, belongs to a class of hormonal peptides that aims to improve sexual functionality in both men and women. PT-141 is an efficacious drug that can treat erectile dysfunction in men while encouraging sexual desire in women. It is an artificial peptide that acts as a melanocortin receptor (MC3R and MC4R) agonist in the central nervous system. Bremelanotide PT-141 helps increase blood flow to the penis in males and the vagina or clitoris in females to encourage sexual arousals. It can be beneficial to treat specific sexual problems in both genders and is generally safe for human consumption. This Melanotan II synthetic peptide was initially made to darken skin and promote tanning, but it caused increased sexual thirst as a side effect. Therefore, PT-141 became an effective therapy to treat sexual difficulties for affected individuals.
PT-141 offers positive results as an innovative and improved therapy to treat sexual challenges in men and women. PT-141 is available in various forms, such as tablets, creams, nasal sprays, and injectables. It is a first-in-class drug and was approved by the U.S. food and drug administration in 2019.
Mechanism of action
Bremelanotide PT-141 is a peptide that acts on melanocortin receptors (responsible for skin pigmentation), including MC3R and MC4R in the brain. It is better to inject bremelanotide PT-141 subcutaneously in thickened areas of the body. Injectables are very effective compared to other dosage forms such as tablets, creams, and nasal sprays. This is why injectable PT-141 is preferable for the expected results from this hormonal therapy.
The dosage form of PT-141 varies individually. Generally, administering 2mg to 4mg before one hour of sexual activity is an effective dose for males and females. A study showed that administering PT-141 to men having erectile dysfunction caused an enhanced erectile action based on the dose administered. Nonetheless, some studies suggest the starting dose be limited to 1mg initially and increase the dose depending on the results. Contacting a certified healthcare professional for the best results based on your condition is a better decision. The results vary from person to person. Some can be benefited instantly, while others may experience effects in several hours. Conclusively, Bremelanotide PT-141 is an innovative and revolutionary hormonal therapy for the treatment of sexual difficulties in both sexes.
Benefits of Bremelanotide PT-141
PT-141 is effective when given in the required dose, depending on the patient’s condition. There are some significant benefits of using this drug to improve the sexual activity of an individual.
- Enhanced sexual desire and performance: PT-141 provides increased intense sexual arousals and performance in men and women. It also increases the libido to build a strong relationship.
- Impotence and Premature Ejaculation Treatment: It is a beneficial medicine to treat impotence and premature ejaculation in men. However, results are usually patient-dependent, and some may need further medical assistance.
- Boost confidence and self-esteem: Decreased bed performance may lower your confidence and self-esteem. It may invite further problems such as communication in life. In this case, PT-141 can be a beneficial hormone therapy to boost the confidence and self-esteem of the individual. It also strengthens the relationship between the two partners.
- Healthy sex life: One can enjoy a healthy sex life with such an innovative and improved hormonal therapy to improve your sex life.
- Health benefits: A healthy sex life can reduce stress, better mood, and prevention of depression due to weak sexual relationships or lack of communication. Healthy sex offers several health benefits to both partners as sex is also a form of exercise.
- Enhanced results: It may provide enhanced results when combining PT-141 therapy with other hormonal therapies or other known treatments. One can expect drastic effects due to combined therapies and can enjoy healthy sex life.
Who needs Bremelanotide PT-141 therapy?
- Loss of sexual desire
- Loss of sexual arousal
- Insensitivity to sexual activity
- Decreased flexibility during sex
- No or little involvement in sexual activity
- Lack of orgasm
- Abnormal behaviour such as stress, shame, anxiety, etc.
Side effects of PT-141 therapy
- Pain at the site of injection
- Facial flushing
- High blood pressure
- General weakness
- Muscle ache
- Stuffy nose
- Taste alterations
Bremelanotide PT-141 interactions
This hormonal therapy is better avoided in patients with hypertension or cardiovascular disease. Because pt-141 leads to a rise in blood pressure, do not use it in such patients to prevent any life-threatening health complications. In addition, the dose of PT-141 is once a day; else, it may give rise to severe high blood pressure. No evidence indicates the interactions between PT-141 and alcohol. It is relatively safe to use even at high doses, making it an ideal therapy for most patients.
Bremelanotide PT-141 Dosage
If you have any ongoing medical condition or have a family medical history, let your doctor know about the state before using the drug. It is better to avoid it if you have hypertension or cardiovascular disorders.
It works best when taken at least 30 minutes or preferably 1 hour before the sexual activity for the desired results. According to the available scientific data, the suggested doses are:
- 0.5mg as a first dose (test dose)
- 1mg as the standard dose
- 1.5mg for more potent effects
Ask your doctor or pharmacist about the appropriate dose to administer depending upon your condition. Do not consume more than one dose within 24 hours or eight amounts within a month. Stop taking the drug after eight weeks if the condition persists or worsens. Contact your doctor promptly.